Friday 23 September 2005

Empty Nest


Well both kids are finally at university and Steve and I are on our own, free to do as we please, eat what we like, watch what we want on the TV without feeling old and fuddy duddy.... Why is it then that we are both moping around with a sad looks on our faces? It's going to take a bit of getting used to. I don't like the house, which all of a sudden feels much too big, being tidy and quiet. I went upstairs to Lonnie's bedroom and opened a few drawers, threw a few clothes around and ruffled up the bed. It looks so much better like that!!! I did the same with Jamie's room. Came down stairs and scattered a few pairs of shoes around the hall and took a couple of coats out of the cloakroom and threw them over the banister at the bottom of the stairs. Much more like the house I know and love now.

3 comments:

  1. Very cool blog mom, u've got a wicked way with words which really makes you wanna read on. Love you 4ever, hope ur ok while Im away, but always see you soon. Love Lonnie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweetheart that's really nice of you say. I will miss you while you're away in Oxford, but I'll look forward to the weekends you come home.

    Hugs and kisses

    Groo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came across this site whist looking for the recent WESTLIFE number 1 ( sad I know), but how cool is a blog! Its such a fab idea to keep in touch and amuse friends/relatives and the odd stranger. Far better than bland emails! Good luck with the job hunting, and I'm sure both your kids are missing you as much as you miss them ( they just dont actually admit to it). Take care Sim

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to read them

Merry Christmas

Customize a greeting