Well .... let's start with the good times.
The summerhouse is coming together nicely. I've started painting the accent colour and it is looking less like a scout hut now. I found a beautiful rug in Lara Ashley and I love it. Such pretty colours and it was 20% off in the sale - hurrah. I also bought a yucca as well which had been reduced by £5.00. Whoops talking of which, I will be right back, as I've just remembered I put the yucca outside in the sunshine earlier on and I need to bring it in ... won't be a moment.
... Okay where was I? Oh yes, the summerhouse.
When the summerhouse was built, my DH and DS put down a concrete slab measuring 12ft by 10ft. Unfortunately it should have been laid 10ft x 12ft, so I had two huge slabs of concrete sticking out either side of my lovely summerhouse. Over the past 10 years I have done everything, and I mean everything, to conceal these horrible protrusions. I’ve even coated the flipping thing with yoghurt to make it go green to blend in. Well, we decided to relocate the summerhouse on the foundation slab and to cut off the offending concrete, this turned out to be easier said than done.
After an hour of pushing and shoving we managed to get it into its new position. We were now left with a piece of horrible grey concrete about 3ft by 12ft sticking out the left side. DH started attacking it with a sledgehammer, but it turned out to be really good strong concrete and DH got very tired very quickly. Anyway, I'm sure you must be bored of this story by now, 'cus I sure am! So long story short, we hired a heavy duty breaker, the concrete is now at the local tip and the summerhouse is back on schedule, oh happy days.
Bye for now peeps, be good