Saturday 12 April 2008

I got my results from the Hampshire Clinic this morning. Most of the tests came back fine, thankfully. My cholesterol was a little higher than normal, and the Doctor did pick up a 'quiet' heart murmur and my blood pressure is a little high. Oh, and of course there were signs of inflammation (quelle surprise). I still have one more blood test to come back, but that won't be back until Monday, but I don't think it will be anything to worry about.

How I feel at the moment, I'm putting down to coming off the Pregabalin. I'm going to have to lose 2 stone, cut down on chips and butter and also give up the chocolate! It's going to be a piece of cake .... probably the only piece of cake that's going to pass my lips for a good while. To be honest, my diet isn't too bad, I've only been having butter for about 6 months so I can cut that out of my diet easily. My biggest weakness is the occasional chocolate bar, and my biggest failing is I'm getting little, or no, exercise, partly because of my back and recently because I feel so poorly.

Since I stopped taking the Pregabalin I have lost 8 lbs. so I will just have to pull my finger out, and a few other bits, and work a bit harder. I think I am going to buy that running (walking) machine after all!

I'm not going to stress about the 'murmur', as I'm sure it was because dishy Dr Hillary Jones was in the same room as I was, and I was only in my bra and pants. Given the situation I think your heart would skip a beat or two as well. Apparently it a common occurrence.

I think it's going to be a 'cold day in hell'. before I ever take any more drugs, without thoroughly investigating possible side effects and withdrawal problems.

1 comment:

  1. THE Dr Hillary Jones? Really? How did you swing that Susie? It's a shame you should be so poorly to get that treat! Feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to read them

Merry Christmas

Customize a greeting