Friday 3 October 2008

Mixed Week of Emotions

It's been a grim week all in all this week. One of my family has lost their job, I believe unfairly, but there is nothing that could be done about it. All I know is that they have devoted 10 years of service to this employer and they have treated them really unfairly. I personally think it will be the making of her to be honest because I have always felt they could do so much more with their career, time will tell.

Meanwhile my job search has proved fruitless. If I tell the truth on my CV about being registered disabled, I don't even get an interview. When I leave it off, I get the interview but they inevitably find out I have a problem just by the way I move. Plus I am told I have to tell them by law that I have a disability. If they found out later on sometime down the road I would be sacked! Talk about a rock and a hard place.

I came across a wonderful letter on the Internet a few years ago and I loved it so much I copied to my CV folder. I came across it the other day and thought I would share it with you.

Dear Sir or Madam

Thank you for your letter of October 1st. After careful consideration, I regret to inform you that I am unable to accept your refusal to offer me employment with your company.

This year I have been particularly fortunate in receiving an unusually large number of rejection letters. With such a varied and promising field of candidates it is impossible for me to accept all refusals.

Despite your company's outstanding qualifications and previous experience in rejecting applicants, I find that your rejection does not meet my needs at this time. Therefore I will initiate employment with your firm at the beginning of the month. I look forward to seeing you then.

Yours faithfully

Susie2shoes

What do you think, shall I send it out, is it worth a try? LOL

See you later

1 comment:

  1. Loving the new blog look Susie! Keep trying with the job applications - although it must be so frustrating! I love the letter - definitely give it a go!! Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, I love to read them

Merry Christmas

Customize a greeting